Contribute to the Christ-Centered Home
Thank you for wanting to be a contributor for The Christ-Centered Home! Our mission is to encourage families to put Christ first in all things.
We cover a variety of topics for the Christian Mom including: homemaking, recipes, marriage, stay-at-home mom, parenting, home education, work-at-home mom, and Bible study.
Do you have a post idea or suggestion? Please contact me here!
We love UNIQUE (never been published) blog posts.
Post ideas include:
- Money saving tips
- Parenting tips
- Lists – example: 7 vacation ideas on a budget
- Hacks & tips
- How to’s
- Personal stories
But, any post that is helpful for the Christ-centered family is welcome.
Note: not all blog post ideas will be approved.
When you contribute to The Christ-Centered Home, you get:
- An author bio promoting your blog, social media profiles and/or products
- The chance to be featured on our contributor page after you’ve made 2 guest posts
- Promotion on our social media profiles
- A brand new audience for your blog
- Potential traffic from The Christ-Centered Home
- Experience writing high-quality blog posts
How Do I become a contributor?
Please contact me with your blog post ideas.
If approved, we will give you contributor access to the backend of The Christ-Centered Home.
You will be given your own user profile and password to login.
You can paste or write your post in the backend editor of The Christ-Centered Home.
If you would like to contribute again, simply login and provide another post for review.
Keep in mind, your posts may be scheduled 2-6 weeks out.
Guidelines for contributors
- The focus of your article should be on providing useful and practical information that educates the reader.
- Your article should be written with our target audience in mind – Christian women who are intentionally focusing their households and lives toward Heaven.
- All Biblical material & references must be used in proper context. Please reference the version of scripture used.
- We prefer scripture references come from the NKJV, ESV, or KJV.
- All blog posts must be in English, with proper grammar, and spelling usage.
- All content must be ORIGINAL — absolutely no republished posts.
- Articles must be edited before submission.
- We reserve the right to edit your post for brevity, grammar, and readability.
- We reserve the right to remove/unpublish your post if it becomes irrelevant, outdated, or no longer fits within our guidelines.
- Please upload your post directly to the website using your unique login information.
- Make sure it includes a catchy title along with proper formatting and structure.
- Length should be 800 – 2,000 words.
- Use subheadings for titles (H2 or H3) plus a mix of ALL CAPS, bold, and italics to show interest.
- Contributors should reply to comments left on their article.
- You should include high quality images and graphics in your post. Make sure they are paid or royalty free. DO NOT GRAB AN IMAGE FROM GOOGLE. If you do not have an image or graphic, we will provide one. We reserve the right to remove or change images.
- No promotional or affiliate links will be allowed within the editorial content. Only links that enhance the material will be permitted.
- As a contributor, you are asked to fill out your user profile on our website. Please include a headshot, a short bio, your website url and/or relevant social media links.
- Our editorial calendar is made in advance, requests for specific publication dates may not be approved.
- In the future, we may create a featured image template for continuity across the site.
- Please take the time to read through some of our articles – submissions that are too similar in nature to articles that have already been published will be declined.
What Happens After I Guest Post?
Once your blog post has been published, feel free to share it on your social media profiles. This will help you grow your brand, audience and traffic as well as credibility in your blogging niche.
We will also promote your post on our social media profiles.
Please DO NOT copy your blog post and publish it on your blog or another blog.
You retain all rights to your content, but if you decide to publish it on another website, we will un-publish it from The Christ-Centered Home. Duplicate content confuses the search engines and benefits no one.
If you enjoyed contributing to The Christ-Centered Home, we would love for you to post again. Once you’ve posted twice, we will add you to our contributor page!
Jennifer & Kimberley